Submit your application online
Membership is open to Registered and Retired Medical Practitioners only.
Further details of the categories of membership are below.
Click here to join online
Submit your application by post/fax
|Download:||Australian Membership Application Form (PDF File - 410k)|
New Zealand Membership Application Form (PDF File - 410k)
If you have any general enquiries about applying e.g. whether you are eligible to join, please contact our Executive Officer Marita Linkson
Benefits of membership
- Network: Opportunity to contact fellow members
- Newsletter: Three editions of the newsletter are published each year with detail of ANZSPM's activities, and a range of interesting and educational articles which are relevant to our members.
- E-Update: ANZSPM publishes an electronic update in the months when the newsletter is not published, providing timely and current information about news and events of interest to palliative medicine practitioners.
- Biennial conference: Attend ANZSPM's biennial scientific conference at a reduced registration fee.
- Two trainee days per year. These days are conducted by ANZSPM with support from the Australasian Chapter of Palliative Medicine and provide trainees with a much needed opportunity for sharing training experiences and educational materials.
- Reduced subscription fee to the Journal of Palliative Medicine
- Member's area of website. This Member's area of the website is being developed to include contact details for members and more resources.
- Trainee awards for best presentation at nominated conferences.
The following categories of membership are available.
Full membership is offered to registered medical practitioners who can demonstrate a commitment to clinical practice, research, education or administration in palliative medicine.
If you are a Registered Medical Practitioner involved in or interested in palliative medicine and in a Junior Medical Officer position (intern, resident medical officer, house officer, registrar or general practice trainee) or other training position you are eligible for this level of membership with substantial savings on full membership.
Honorary life membership
Honorary life membership will be granted by the Society to full members who have made an outstanding contribution to the Australian and New Zealand Society of Palliative Medicine Inc or to Palliative Medicine in Australia and New Zealand. Such persons shall, for the term of their lives, enjoy the rights and privileges of Full Membership.
Retired membership status will be offered to full members of the Society who are aged over sixty (60) years and who have retired from full-time practice.